If there’s one thing the X-Men stand for, it’s change – and so their roll-call over the years has been incredibly fluid, with over a hundred members in their fifty-year run. But which X-Men have had the most impact? Who’s the most unforgettable? In short – who, in your eyes, is Best of the X? Here, have your say; place your votes in our X-poll; and we’ll see who comes out on top… After a week, we’ll announce the winners as part of our 50th anniversary celebrations!
Poll is now closed for voting.
For the record, this includes every X-Man according to that venerable source, Wikipedia. It does not include:
- X-Men splinter groups, e.g. X-Factor, X-Force, Excalibur, Generation X, X Marks the Spot… oops, sorry, I made that last one up!
- X-Men-in-training teams, e.g. Young X-Men, Jean Grey School students, Generation X… OK, you get that this doesn’t include Generation X yet?
- Monet St. Croix – she’s not been a member of the X-Men yet (even if she was in, you know, Generation X)
It does however include:
- The Phalanx Covenant team (that’s why Synch is in it)
- Deadly Genesis team
- Muir Island team (1989)
- Genoshan Assault team (Jean Grey’s 2001 recruits)
- Street team X-Men (hurriedly banded together by Cyclops after Xorn had gone ballistic)
This will allow multiple votes, so if you have a couple and are tied, you can vote for two or three (please, a max of three). We’re going to take you on trust – please don’t vote for the same character twice!
Vote away, True Believers!
And while you’re browsing our site, feel free to take a look at these X-Men character-specific articles from Loz and Tom:
- Bishop – The X-Men’s greatest villain?
- Cyclops – Biology, Power Profile, The Age of Summers Part I
- Emma Frost – The rape of Emma Frost, Where’s your head at, Emma Frost?
- Jean Grey – X-Fashion, Some lessons from a Phoenix, Why I don’t want Jean Grey back
- Jubilee – The life and times of Jubilation Lee
- Nightcrawler – “Bamf,” just like that